Thursday, September 15, 2011

OUR LORD




Our Lord, by Your Knowledge of the Unseen, and by Your Power over Your creation, grant me life so long as You know life to hold good for me, and grant me death when You know death to hold good for me.

O Lord, I ask You to make me fear You in secret and in the open,

I ask You to make me speak sincerely (the truth) at times of contentment and at times of anger,

I ask You to make me be moderate (frugality) in poverty and in wealth,

I ask You for a blessing that does not end, contentment that never ceases, and for acceptance of Your decree.

I ask You for a good life after death, and I ask You for the joy of looking upon Your face and the longing to meet You, with no harmful adversity or misleading trial (fitnah).

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)



Narrated by Ghailan

Anas said, "I do not find (now-a-days) things as they were (practiced) at the time of the Prophet." Somebody said "The prayer (is as it was.)" Anas said, "Have you not done in the prayer what you have done? Narrated Az-Zuhri that he visited Anas bin Malik at Damascus and found him weeping and asked him why he was weeping. He replied, "I do not know anything which I used to know during the life-time of Allah's Apostle except this prayer which is being lost (not offered as it should be)."

[Volume 1 :: Book 10 :: Number 507]

No comments:

Post a Comment